Alex ChunMin Chee, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Director of Research of Interventional Pulmonology, BIDMC
Areas of Expertise: Innovation
Dr. Chee’s research focuses on the innovation of new instruments for bronchoscopic therapy and teaching tools for bronchoscopy. Patient and trainee education is carried out through the development of 3D printed instruments and airway models and there is further work in the validation of these models. Dr. Chee’s work is based in the Chest Disease Center, Division of Thoracic Surgery and Interventional Pulmonology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Awards and Recognition
2007 Outstanding Teacher, Queen’s University
2007 Professor’s Award, Queen’s University
2009 Outstanding Teacher, University of British Columbia
2012 Geoffrey McClennan Memorial Award for Contributions to Imaging Research, World Congress of Bronchology
2013 Hellbender Honour Roll, University of Calgary
2014 Dean’s Letter of Excellence, University of Calgary
2015 Dean’s Letter of Excellence, University of Calgary
2016 Dean’s Letter of Excellence, University of Calgary
2018 Heinrich Becker Young Investigator’s Award
A full list of Dr. Chee’s published work can be found on My Bibliography.
More information can be found on Dr. Chee’s Harvard Catalyst Profile.
- Trainee satisfaction of 3D-printed stenotic airway model and radial endobronchial ultrasound model
- 3D-imaging customization of CPAP mask for sleep disordered breathing
- Effect of endobronchial ultrasound on lymph node metabolism on PET
- Effect of bronchial thermoplasty on airway smooth muscle, evaluated by histology and optical coherence tomography
- Microbiome in sarcoidosis
- Development of evaluation checklist of minimally invasive pulmonary procedures
No Available Information