Amy Dickey, MD
Instructor in Medicine
Dr. Dickey’s research focuses on understanding the airway immunology in Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) infection. She is working in the lab of Sarah Fortune to understand the regulation of macrophages in response to Mtb using both cell culture models and samples obtained from human subjects.
Awards and Recognition
Dr. Dickey’s work was recognized with American Thoracic Society International Conference abstract scholarship, awarded by the assembly on Allergy, Immunology & Inflammation in 2018. She also received a travel grant for the Heme Biosynthesis and Porphyrias Symposium in 2018 and a travel grant for the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in 2017. She was a Canby Robinson Society Scholar at Vanderbilt medical school. During her undergraduate studies at the University of Oklahoma, she was a Barry M. Goldwater Scholar and Oklahoma State Regents Academic Scholar.
A full list of Dr. Amy Dickey’s published work can be found on My Bibliography.
More information can be found on Dr. Amy Dickey's Harvard Catalyst Profile.
- Transcriptional evaluation of airway immunity in Mtb infection
- The SLAMF7 immune receptor in HIV and Mtb infections
- Thotala DK, Geng L, Dickey AK, Hallahan DE, Yazlovitskaya EM. A new class of molecular targeted radioprotectors: GSK-3β inhibitors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Feb 1;76(2):557-65.
- Dickey AK, Schleicher S, Leahy K, Hu R, Hallahan DE, Thotala DK. GSK-3β inhibition promotes cell death, apoptosis, and in vivo tumor growth delay in neuroblastoma Neuro-2A cell line. Journal of Neuro-Oncology. 2011 Aug;104(1):145-53.
- Dickey AK. Helping Patients Shed Light on Erythropoietic Protoporphyria: The Perspective of a Patient and Physician. In revision at Molecular Genetic and Metabolism.
- Dickey AK, Chantratita N, Tandhavanant S, Ducken D, Lovelace-Macon L, Seal S, Robertson J, Schwarz S, Wurfel MM, Harju-Baker S, West TE. Modulation of LPS-Toll-like receptor 4 cytokine responses by Toll-like receptor 5. In revision at the European Journal of Immunology.