Mihir Parikh, MD
Instructor in Medicine
Dr Parikh is an academic interventional pulmonologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. His research interests are primarily in medical education, where he is interested in exploring how we can use simulation and other emerging technologies to improve procedural training, evaluation, and feedback for our fellows and residents. In addition, he has a clinical and research interest in the management of pleural disease and has ongoing research projects investigating the management of pleural infections and malignant pleural effusions.
Awards and Recognition
Dr Parikh was awarded the Teaching Senior Award at Massachusetts General Hospital and was honored with a Special Recognition in Medical Simulation Education at MGH in 2012. He is also the 2009 recipient of the John J Bookman Memorial Prize in Medicine from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
More information can be found on Dr. Parikh's Harvard Catalyst Profile.
- Simulation-based procedural training in bronchoscopy and pleural procedures
- A Bronchoscopy Assessment App for Improved Fellow Feedback and Evaluation
- Role of a Dedicated IP Rotation for Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Trainees
- Predictors of Pleural Infection in Patients with Indwelling Pleural Catheters
- Attitudes and Safe Practices for Intrapleural Fibrinolytic Therapy
- McCannon, J., O’Donnell, W., Thompson, B., El-Jawahri, A., Chang, Y., Ananian, L., Bajwa, E., Currier, P., Parikh, M., Temel, J., Cooper, Z., Winer, R., Volandes, A. 2012. Augmenting comuncation and decision making in the intensive care unit with a cardiopulmonary resuscitation video decision support tool: a temporal intervention study. Journal of Palliative Medicine 15(12): 1382-1387.
- El-Jawahri, A., Mitchell, S., Paasche-Orlow, M., Temel, J., Jackson, V., Rutledge, R., Parikh, M., Davis, A., Gillick, M., Barry, M., Shin, J., Lopez, L., Zooper, Z., Abbo, E., Walker-Corkery, E., Chang, U., Cheng, X., O’Donnell, W., Bazari, H., Finn, K., Kennedy, W., Coley, C., Mann, E., Volandes, A., 2015. A randomized controlled trial of a CPR video decision support tool in the in-patient setting. J Gen Int Med 30(8):1071-1080.
- Sweerus, K., Lachowicz-Scroggins, M., Gordon, E., LaFemina, M., Huang, X., Parikh, M., Fahy, J., and J. Frank. 2017. Claudin-18 deficiency is associated with airway epithelial barrier dysfunction and asthma. J Allergy Clin Immun 139(1):72-81.
- Kheir, F., Cheng, G., Rivera, E., Folch, A., Folch, E., Fernandez-Bussy, S., Keyes, C., Parikh, M., Channick, C., Chee, A., and A Majid. 2017. Concurrent versus sequential intrapleural instillation of tissue plasminogen activator and deoxyribonuclease for pleural infection. Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. In press.
- Buitrago, D., Majid, A., Alape, D., Wilson, J., Parikh, M., Kent, M., and S. Gangadharan. 2017. Single-center experience of tracheobronchoplasty for severe tracheobronchomalacia: Clinical practice patterns and perioperative outcomes. Ann Thorac Surg. Under review.
- VanderLaan, P., Rangachari, D., Majid, A., Parikh, M., Gangadharan, S., Kent, M., Huberman, M., Kobayashi, S., and D. Costa. 2017. Tumor biomarker testing in non-small cell lung cancer: A decade of change. Lung Cancer. Under review.
- Parikh, M., Kolevzon, A., and E. Hollander. 2008. Psychopharmacology of aggression in children and adolescents with autism: A review of efficacy and tolerability. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 18(2): 157-178.
- Buitrago, DH, Wilson, JL., Parikh, M., Majid, A., Gangadharan, S. 2017. Current concepts in severe adult tracheobronchomalacia: evaluation and treatment. J Thorac Dis 9(1):E57-E66.
- Parikh, M. and G. Krishna. “Endobronchial Ultrasound.” Head and Neck Ultrasonography. Ed. Lisa A Orloff. San Diego: Plural Publishing, 2017. Pp273-283.
- Parikh, M., Wilson, J., Majid, A., and S. Gangadharan. 2017. Airway stenting in tracheobronchomalacia. Journal of Visualized Surgery. In press.
- Parikh, M., Seeley, E., and G. Krishna. 2016. Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy saves a Drunken Crab from a surgeon’s knife. Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology 24(2):241-243.
- Parikh, M., Seeley, E., Nguyen-Tran, E., and G. Krishna. 2017. Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle injection of liposomal Ampotericin B for the treatment of symptomatic aspergilloma. Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. In press.